Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fuding



On the weekend of September 13th I had the opportunity to accompany my good friend, Brian Hodge, to Fuding in northern Fujian Province.

It was my first opportunity to travel outside of Fuzhou and to see some of rural China.

The Highway between Fuzhou and Fuding is a modern freeway. The road passes through some very rugged terrain in places. It also passes through some lovely farming areas. I was able to see both rice and tea plantations. We also passes by some beautiful inlets.

Unfortunately, we caught the edge of a Typhoon so the weather turned wet and windy. I was not able to get out and take many photos.

The reason for the trip to Fuding was to celebrate the first anniversay of one of Brian's shops. I played the pipes out on the street to help out with the celebration. That went over really well and drew a large and curious crowd.

Brian and I were treated royally by both Judy (English name) who runs the shop and her family.

We also had some nice meals out with some of Brian's other business partners and their friends.

Here are a few of the photos I did manage to take during my stay in Fuding.

No comments: