Friday, August 22, 2008

Departure - Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joanne, Jennifer and I headed to Vancouver International Airport. I had no trouble checking in at the Air China booth. We enjoyed a Tim Horton's breakfast and I spoke to Al and Mike (unfortunately I was unable to contact Cam) prior to saying farewell and heading through security. My flight was just a little late departing. The flight to Beijing was very smooth but a little on the long side. I spent my time chatting with a Chinese University Student (returning home for a holiday), listening to my MP3 player and watching the On Board Movie.
We arrived on time at Beijing Airport. Unfortunatley, heavy rain and a low ceiling prevented much of a view of Beijing or the surrounding area! The airline terminal is very modern!!
My flight to Fuzhou was also on time and went very smoothly. I was met at the Fuzhou Airport by Jane (from the Foreign Affairs Department). We arrived at my apartment at 12:30 a.m. I was very tired so thanked Jane for picking me up and retired just before 1:00 a.m.

No comments: